Pepe`s absence will affect Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos
London: The former Porto centre-back is expected to be unavailable for at least four weeks due to injury, and his team-mate is concerned that his absence could hurt Los Blancos.
Sergio Ramos believes that Real Madrid could struggle without Pepe, who is expected to be sidelined for at least a month.
The powerful defender underwent ankle surgery earlier this week and could be out of action for up to four weeks due to the knock.
"Of course Pepe`s injury will affect the team. He is a great player and has always been very consistent," Ramos was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"He is a key part of the side and always maintains a very good level of play. Hopefully he will be back soon because he is a very important player in the dressing room and on the field."
Madrid resume La Liga action against Real Sociedad on January 6 after a brief winter break. They currently sit third in the league table with 33 points from 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach