Pepe`s absence will affect Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos
London: The former Porto centre-back is expected to be unavailable for at least four weeks due to injury, and his team-mate is concerned that his absence could hurt Los Blancos.
Sergio Ramos believes that Real Madrid could struggle without Pepe, who is expected to be sidelined for at least a month.
The powerful defender underwent ankle surgery earlier this week and could be out of action for up to four weeks due to the knock.
"Of course Pepe`s injury will affect the team. He is a great player and has always been very consistent," Ramos was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"He is a key part of the side and always maintains a very good level of play. Hopefully he will be back soon because he is a very important player in the dressing room and on the field."
Madrid resume La Liga action against Real Sociedad on January 6 after a brief winter break. They currently sit third in the league table with 33 points from 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network