Pepe`s absence will affect Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos
London: The former Porto centre-back is expected to be unavailable for at least four weeks due to injury, and his team-mate is concerned that his absence could hurt Los Blancos.
Sergio Ramos believes that Real Madrid could struggle without Pepe, who is expected to be sidelined for at least a month.
The powerful defender underwent ankle surgery earlier this week and could be out of action for up to four weeks due to the knock.
"Of course Pepe`s injury will affect the team. He is a great player and has always been very consistent," Ramos was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"He is a key part of the side and always maintains a very good level of play. Hopefully he will be back soon because he is a very important player in the dressing room and on the field."
Madrid resume La Liga action against Real Sociedad on January 6 after a brief winter break. They currently sit third in the league table with 33 points from 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees