Pepe`s absence will affect Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos
London: The former Porto centre-back is expected to be unavailable for at least four weeks due to injury, and his team-mate is concerned that his absence could hurt Los Blancos.
Sergio Ramos believes that Real Madrid could struggle without Pepe, who is expected to be sidelined for at least a month.
The powerful defender underwent ankle surgery earlier this week and could be out of action for up to four weeks due to the knock.
"Of course Pepe`s injury will affect the team. He is a great player and has always been very consistent," Ramos was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"He is a key part of the side and always maintains a very good level of play. Hopefully he will be back soon because he is a very important player in the dressing room and on the field."
Madrid resume La Liga action against Real Sociedad on January 6 after a brief winter break. They currently sit third in the league table with 33 points from 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!