Perth Glory eyeing Beckham swoop following LA Galaxy leaving decision
Wellington: Australian football club Perth Glory have joined the race to lure David Beckham to the A-League after the superstar midfielder announced he`ll leave LA Galaxy next month.
Perth are among the clubs keen to lure Beckham to Australia and the bids are set to intensify with news the 37-year-old will play his last game for the Galaxy in the Major League Soccer (MLS) final against Houston Dynamo on December 1 after six seasons in the US, Stuff.co.nz reports.
“I`ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy, however, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career,” Beckham had said on LA Galaxy`s website.
According to the report, Perth Glory responded quickly on Twitter by writing: "David Beckham has confirmed the MLS Cup final will be his last game for the Galaxy. The race is on."
Glory owner Tony Sage had already revealed the club had "put its hat in the ring" to sign the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star for a 10-game guest stint, the report said.
Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners are also keen to sign Beckham, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why