Podolski`s Cologne future unclear after season end
Berlin: Cologne top scorer Lukas Podolski`s future at the Bundesliga club after this season looked in doubt on Wednesday after coach Stale Solbakken refused to say whether the Germany international would see out his contract until 2013.
Podolski has scored 15 goals this season as his home club, to which he returned in 2009 after a hapless three-year spell at Bayern Munich, battle to avoid the drop.
He has been widely linked with a move to the Premier League next season.
"Lukas is a Cologne player at the moment and will be one until the end of the season," Solbakken told reporters during the team`s training session. "Then we will have to see what happens.
"His decision is important for us but also for him. We have to respect that."
Cologne have so far failed in their efforts to extend the winger`s contract with Podolski, who said he would take a decision in the off-season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city