Podolski`s Cologne future unclear after season end
Berlin: Cologne top scorer Lukas Podolski`s future at the Bundesliga club after this season looked in doubt on Wednesday after coach Stale Solbakken refused to say whether the Germany international would see out his contract until 2013.
Podolski has scored 15 goals this season as his home club, to which he returned in 2009 after a hapless three-year spell at Bayern Munich, battle to avoid the drop.
He has been widely linked with a move to the Premier League next season.
"Lukas is a Cologne player at the moment and will be one until the end of the season," Solbakken told reporters during the team`s training session. "Then we will have to see what happens.
"His decision is important for us but also for him. We have to respect that."
Cologne have so far failed in their efforts to extend the winger`s contract with Podolski, who said he would take a decision in the off-season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand