Police ban Lyon fans from St. Etienne derby
Lyon: Police authorites announced on Monday that Lyon fans will be banned from attending their club`s Ligue 1 derby clash at Saint-Etienne on November 10.
The bitter fan rivalry has flared into a series of violent incidents at past matches, notably between the two club`s sections of ultra supporters.
According to a decision taken on October 22, all fans appearing to be Lyon supporters will be limited from approaching the surrounding areas close to Saint-Etienne`s Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
The seven-time champions have vowed to appeal the ruling which is set to prevent away fans from attending the tie for the first time since the first derby between the clubs in 1952.
Saint-Etienne currently lie seventh in the French top flight following their 2-2 home draw against champions Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday, while Lyon are enduring their worst start to a season in over a decade and sit 14th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan