Police ban Lyon fans from St. Etienne derby
Lyon: Police authorites announced on Monday that Lyon fans will be banned from attending their club`s Ligue 1 derby clash at Saint-Etienne on November 10.
The bitter fan rivalry has flared into a series of violent incidents at past matches, notably between the two club`s sections of ultra supporters.
According to a decision taken on October 22, all fans appearing to be Lyon supporters will be limited from approaching the surrounding areas close to Saint-Etienne`s Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
The seven-time champions have vowed to appeal the ruling which is set to prevent away fans from attending the tie for the first time since the first derby between the clubs in 1952.
Saint-Etienne currently lie seventh in the French top flight following their 2-2 home draw against champions Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday, while Lyon are enduring their worst start to a season in over a decade and sit 14th.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!