Police ban Lyon fans from St. Etienne derby
Lyon: Police authorites announced on Monday that Lyon fans will be banned from attending their club`s Ligue 1 derby clash at Saint-Etienne on November 10.
The bitter fan rivalry has flared into a series of violent incidents at past matches, notably between the two club`s sections of ultra supporters.
According to a decision taken on October 22, all fans appearing to be Lyon supporters will be limited from approaching the surrounding areas close to Saint-Etienne`s Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
The seven-time champions have vowed to appeal the ruling which is set to prevent away fans from attending the tie for the first time since the first derby between the clubs in 1952.
Saint-Etienne currently lie seventh in the French top flight following their 2-2 home draw against champions Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday, while Lyon are enduring their worst start to a season in over a decade and sit 14th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'