Police ban Lyon fans from St. Etienne derby
Lyon: Police authorites announced on Monday that Lyon fans will be banned from attending their club`s Ligue 1 derby clash at Saint-Etienne on November 10.
The bitter fan rivalry has flared into a series of violent incidents at past matches, notably between the two club`s sections of ultra supporters.
According to a decision taken on October 22, all fans appearing to be Lyon supporters will be limited from approaching the surrounding areas close to Saint-Etienne`s Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
The seven-time champions have vowed to appeal the ruling which is set to prevent away fans from attending the tie for the first time since the first derby between the clubs in 1952.
Saint-Etienne currently lie seventh in the French top flight following their 2-2 home draw against champions Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday, while Lyon are enduring their worst start to a season in over a decade and sit 14th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees