Porto star Moutinho believes AVB will be huge success as Spurs’ manager
London: Porto and Portugal star Joao Moutinho, tipped to be Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing at Tottenham Hot Spurs, believes the former Porto manager will be a huge success at White Hart Lane.
“AVB is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with. I’d work with him again tomorrow. I don’t really know what happened at Chelsea, but when you employ a new coach you have to give him time,” a newspaper quoted Moutinho, as saying.
Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March, just eight months into a three-year contract, is set to be named as Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham successor within the next 48 hours.
Moutinho, 25, won the Europa League under AVB at Porto and believes he will be far stronger for his traumatic experience at Stamford Bridge.
“You can’t always base his progress on results. If players are obstructive it makes the job very difficult. Perhaps in the end he was judged more on immediate results than he was on his long-term vision. All I do know is he did a fantastic job at Porto,” Moutinho added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption