Porto star Moutinho believes AVB will be huge success as Spurs’ manager
London: Porto and Portugal star Joao Moutinho, tipped to be Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing at Tottenham Hot Spurs, believes the former Porto manager will be a huge success at White Hart Lane.
“AVB is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with. I’d work with him again tomorrow. I don’t really know what happened at Chelsea, but when you employ a new coach you have to give him time,” a newspaper quoted Moutinho, as saying.
Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March, just eight months into a three-year contract, is set to be named as Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham successor within the next 48 hours.
Moutinho, 25, won the Europa League under AVB at Porto and believes he will be far stronger for his traumatic experience at Stamford Bridge.
“You can’t always base his progress on results. If players are obstructive it makes the job very difficult. Perhaps in the end he was judged more on immediate results than he was on his long-term vision. All I do know is he did a fantastic job at Porto,” Moutinho added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB