Porto star Moutinho believes AVB will be huge success as Spurs’ manager
London: Porto and Portugal star Joao Moutinho, tipped to be Andre Villas-Boas’ first signing at Tottenham Hot Spurs, believes the former Porto manager will be a huge success at White Hart Lane.
“AVB is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with. I’d work with him again tomorrow. I don’t really know what happened at Chelsea, but when you employ a new coach you have to give him time,” a newspaper quoted Moutinho, as saying.
Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March, just eight months into a three-year contract, is set to be named as Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham successor within the next 48 hours.
Moutinho, 25, won the Europa League under AVB at Porto and believes he will be far stronger for his traumatic experience at Stamford Bridge.
“You can’t always base his progress on results. If players are obstructive it makes the job very difficult. Perhaps in the end he was judged more on immediate results than he was on his long-term vision. All I do know is he did a fantastic job at Porto,” Moutinho added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why