Portugal choose Campinas as World Cup base
Rio de Janeiro: Portugal`s football federation (FPF) has chosen the city of Campinas in southeastern Brazil as the national team`s 2014 World Cup base.
Paulo Bento`s squad will stay at The Palms hotel, 10 km from the city`s international airport, Xinhua cited from a statement by the FPF Tuesday.
The team`s training base will be the headquarters of Brazilian Serie B outfit Ponte Preta in the neighbourhood of Jardim Eulina.
"One of the characteristics that affected the decision was the proximity to the airport which will considerably reduce land travel," FPF said in the statement.
Located in the state of Sao Paulo, Campinas has a population of over one million people and is renowned for the University of Campinas, ranked among the best in Latin America.
Portugal has been drawn in the World Cup`s Group G with Germany, the US and Ghana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what