Portugal`s Alves and Deco fit to face Bosnia
Zenica: Portugal defender Bruno Alves and midfielder Deco have recovered from injury and are fit to face Bosnia in the second leg of their World Cup playoff on Wednesday.
"I trained (on Tuesday), I felt good and am ready to play if the coach picks me," Alves, who scored the winner in the 1-0 victory in the first leg in Lisbon on Saturday, told reporters. Alves has been nursing a sprained ankle.
A spokesman for the Portugal team said playmaker Deco had recovered from a groin injury.
Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz said Bosnia, aiming to reach their first major tournament as an independent nation, were the team under pressure.
"Now they will see that playing at home the margin of risk can lead to mistakes, and so it is not possible to attack and leave space at the back without creating scoring opportunities for the opponent," he said.
Portugal captain Simao Sabrosa complained that the pitch in the Bilino Polje stadium in Zenica was not in an ideal state.
"We`re going to find a very complicated pitch. In football everyone wants a show but that`s going to be complicated tomorrow. We`re going to have to adapt," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read