Portugal`s Alves and Deco fit to face Bosnia
Zenica: Portugal defender Bruno Alves and midfielder Deco have recovered from injury and are fit to face Bosnia in the second leg of their World Cup playoff on Wednesday.
"I trained (on Tuesday), I felt good and am ready to play if the coach picks me," Alves, who scored the winner in the 1-0 victory in the first leg in Lisbon on Saturday, told reporters. Alves has been nursing a sprained ankle.
A spokesman for the Portugal team said playmaker Deco had recovered from a groin injury.
Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz said Bosnia, aiming to reach their first major tournament as an independent nation, were the team under pressure.
"Now they will see that playing at home the margin of risk can lead to mistakes, and so it is not possible to attack and leave space at the back without creating scoring opportunities for the opponent," he said.
Portugal captain Simao Sabrosa complained that the pitch in the Bilino Polje stadium in Zenica was not in an ideal state.
"We`re going to find a very complicated pitch. In football everyone wants a show but that`s going to be complicated tomorrow. We`re going to have to adapt," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?