Portugal`s Alves and Deco fit to face Bosnia
Zenica: Portugal defender Bruno Alves and midfielder Deco have recovered from injury and are fit to face Bosnia in the second leg of their World Cup playoff on Wednesday.
"I trained (on Tuesday), I felt good and am ready to play if the coach picks me," Alves, who scored the winner in the 1-0 victory in the first leg in Lisbon on Saturday, told reporters. Alves has been nursing a sprained ankle.
A spokesman for the Portugal team said playmaker Deco had recovered from a groin injury.
Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz said Bosnia, aiming to reach their first major tournament as an independent nation, were the team under pressure.
"Now they will see that playing at home the margin of risk can lead to mistakes, and so it is not possible to attack and leave space at the back without creating scoring opportunities for the opponent," he said.
Portugal captain Simao Sabrosa complained that the pitch in the Bilino Polje stadium in Zenica was not in an ideal state.
"We`re going to find a very complicated pitch. In football everyone wants a show but that`s going to be complicated tomorrow. We`re going to have to adapt," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed