Pune FC add Nicolau, Gabriel and Zeeshan to line up
Mumbai: Pune FC has signed Nicolau Borges, Gabriel Fernandes and Nawab Zeeshan for the remainder of the ongoing football season.
The Goan duo - Borges (left-winger cum defender) and Gabriel Fernandes (attacking winger) - have been roped in on-loan from Mohun Bagan and Dempo SC respectively, while Nagpur-lad Nawab Zeeshan Ur Rahman has joined on a three-year deal, the club said today in a statement.
The trio, thus, turns out to be most ever signed by Pune FC during the second transfer window. Pune FC Head of Operation Chirag Tanna said that the squad required more depth in view of its upcoming AFC engagements.
"With the upcoming AFC fixtures, it was important for us to get more depth in our squad. We were monitoring Zeeshan`s progress for some time now and when an opportunity arose to sign him, we couldn`t let it pass.
Zeeshan becomes the fifth Maharashtra player to represent Pune FC after striker Sandesh Gadkari (2007-2011), winger Paresh Shivalkar (2010-12), winger Nikhil Kadam (2012-present) and striker Prakash Thorat (2013-present) since promotion to top flight.
"Gabriel and Nicolau have I-League experience and will play an important role for us for the remainder of the season," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news