Pune FC sign Anthony D`Souza from Salgaocar FC
Pune: I-League club Pune FC have signed left winger Anthony D`Souza from rivals Salgaocar FC.
Known for his skill and knack for goals, Anthony brings along his experience and adds up to the youth philosophy Pune FC has adopted in building their squad.
Pune FC Head Operations, Chirag Tanna, said: "We have been tracking Anthony for a couple of years now and we are delighted to have signed him. I am certain that he will play an important role for us in the 2013-14 season."
Siolim-based Anthony joins Pune FC having spent last season at Salgaocar FC where he lit up the 2012 Federation Cup, scoring in each of the three group games in Jamshedpur. As a result he ended up being the top scoring Indian in the group-stage and the second top-scoring Indian in the tournament.
Interestingly, it was Anthony`s winning strike in the final group game that dashed Pune FC`s hopes in the tournament.
"I would like to thank Pune FC for the opportunity. It`s a new challenge and I am ready for it. Honestly, I have never been out of the state (Goa) to play. The challenge that I mean is about coping with the job on hand. I am ready to work hard. My parents support me with this and I am sure I will live up to the expectations," said Anthony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day