Pune FC signs Manju as on-loan player
New Delhi: Pune FC has signed experienced India defender NS Manju until the end of the ongoing 2011-12 season as on-loan player.
The 24-year-old Manju comes into the Pune FC fold from United Sikkim FC.
The Mysore-born player became the second on-loan player the club signed this season after goal-keeper Abhra Mondal was drafted into the team earlier.
The defender brings along vast experience of playing the elite league in five previous seasons after beginning his career at Mahindra United in the 2004-2005 where he spent three seasons.
He then moved to Mohun Bagan for the next three years subsequently, before joining USFC.
"I am happy to join Pune FC for here I see a club wanting to be different and make a change in Indian football," Manju said in a press release.
Chirag Tanna, Pune FC Head Operations, said, "Manju`s experience will help strengthen our defence. We are glad to have him in our midst and Pune FC wishes him all the very best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?