Pune FC signs Manju as on-loan player
New Delhi: Pune FC has signed experienced India defender NS Manju until the end of the ongoing 2011-12 season as on-loan player.
The 24-year-old Manju comes into the Pune FC fold from United Sikkim FC.
The Mysore-born player became the second on-loan player the club signed this season after goal-keeper Abhra Mondal was drafted into the team earlier.
The defender brings along vast experience of playing the elite league in five previous seasons after beginning his career at Mahindra United in the 2004-2005 where he spent three seasons.
He then moved to Mohun Bagan for the next three years subsequently, before joining USFC.
"I am happy to join Pune FC for here I see a club wanting to be different and make a change in Indian football," Manju said in a press release.
Chirag Tanna, Pune FC Head Operations, said, "Manju`s experience will help strengthen our defence. We are glad to have him in our midst and Pune FC wishes him all the very best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3