Pune FC signs Manju as on-loan player
New Delhi: Pune FC has signed experienced India defender NS Manju until the end of the ongoing 2011-12 season as on-loan player.
The 24-year-old Manju comes into the Pune FC fold from United Sikkim FC.
The Mysore-born player became the second on-loan player the club signed this season after goal-keeper Abhra Mondal was drafted into the team earlier.
The defender brings along vast experience of playing the elite league in five previous seasons after beginning his career at Mahindra United in the 2004-2005 where he spent three seasons.
He then moved to Mohun Bagan for the next three years subsequently, before joining USFC.
"I am happy to join Pune FC for here I see a club wanting to be different and make a change in Indian football," Manju said in a press release.
Chirag Tanna, Pune FC Head Operations, said, "Manju`s experience will help strengthen our defence. We are glad to have him in our midst and Pune FC wishes him all the very best."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage