Punjab Police sail into semis of Bihar Cup
Patna: Punjab Police sailed into semi-finals of the 3rd ALL India Football Tournament for Bihar Cup defeating Army XI, Lucknow, by a solitary goal on tuesday.
In the quarterfinal match at the Moin-ul haque stadium, Punjab Police seized first momentum in the 35th minute with Rohit taking the ball from top of the rivals box and dodging past two Army XI defenders before putting into the net.
In the second half, Army boys came back strongly creating a number of scoring opportunities, but both strikers Biswajeet Ghosh and Vikki Chhetri missed sitters.
Punjab police raised the tempo to double the lead but Harjinder Singh`s volley in the 75th failed to find the net, while ten minutes later Pawandeep`s header deflected off a defender`s back and went out.
In the third quarterfinal tomorrow, Peerless Football Club, Kolkata, will take on Banglore District Football Association (BDFA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY