Punjab Police sail into semis of Bihar Cup
Patna: Punjab Police sailed into semi-finals of the 3rd ALL India Football Tournament for Bihar Cup defeating Army XI, Lucknow, by a solitary goal on tuesday.
In the quarterfinal match at the Moin-ul haque stadium, Punjab Police seized first momentum in the 35th minute with Rohit taking the ball from top of the rivals box and dodging past two Army XI defenders before putting into the net.
In the second half, Army boys came back strongly creating a number of scoring opportunities, but both strikers Biswajeet Ghosh and Vikki Chhetri missed sitters.
Punjab police raised the tempo to double the lead but Harjinder Singh`s volley in the 75th failed to find the net, while ten minutes later Pawandeep`s header deflected off a defender`s back and went out.
In the third quarterfinal tomorrow, Peerless Football Club, Kolkata, will take on Banglore District Football Association (BDFA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!