Radamel Falcao named on bench for Monaco
London: Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was poised to make his first appearance for six months after being named on the bench for his side`s friendly against Valencia in London on Saturday.
The 28-year-old Colombia international has not played since rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a French Cup game against amateur side Chasselay on January 22.
The injury cut short his debut season at the big-spending Ligue 1 club and prevented him from appearing at the World Cup, where Colombia reached the quarter-finals.
Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has suggested that Falcao will make only a brief cameo appearance against Valencia, which is the first game of the Emirates Cup pre-season tournament, including hosts Arsenal and Benfica.
"Falcao will play this weekend. Not the whole match, but 15 to 20 minutes, and perhaps more on Sunday (against Arsenal)," Jardim told a press conference on Friday.
"He can`t wait to play again. He`s close to being at 100 percent physically. It will be a great test for him ahead the opening of the Ligue 1 season (at home to Lorient on August 10)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened