Radamel Falcao named on bench for Monaco
London: Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was poised to make his first appearance for six months after being named on the bench for his side`s friendly against Valencia in London on Saturday.
The 28-year-old Colombia international has not played since rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a French Cup game against amateur side Chasselay on January 22.
The injury cut short his debut season at the big-spending Ligue 1 club and prevented him from appearing at the World Cup, where Colombia reached the quarter-finals.
Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has suggested that Falcao will make only a brief cameo appearance against Valencia, which is the first game of the Emirates Cup pre-season tournament, including hosts Arsenal and Benfica.
"Falcao will play this weekend. Not the whole match, but 15 to 20 minutes, and perhaps more on Sunday (against Arsenal)," Jardim told a press conference on Friday.
"He can`t wait to play again. He`s close to being at 100 percent physically. It will be a great test for him ahead the opening of the Ligue 1 season (at home to Lorient on August 10)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM