Rangdajied drub United SC 4-0, emerge out of relegation
Shillong: Following their win against Bengaluru FC last week, Rangdajied FC today produced another impressive performance and emerged out of relegation zone by thrashing United SC 4-0 in an I-League match at J N Stadium here.
Kim Yong gave home team the lead eight minutes after the break before Nigerian striker Ranti Martin scoring one to inflict injury to his former club. T Lalnunpuia, who replaced Steven Dias 10 minutes before the final whistle, scored twice as the visitors were left embarrassed.
United`s Eric Brown did not perform as expected by his club even as Baldeep Singh and new recruit Waheed Adekunle were hardly considered a threat for Rangdajied keeper.
With this win, Rangdajied earned 18 points in their kitty, one point ahead of Mohammedan Sporting and two points below United SC.
Rangdajied have won thrice this season, drawn on four occasions with only East Bengal and Mohammedan Sporting emerging victorious in their Shillong outing.
"We worked hard as we improve our fitness level and we will continue to give our best in our games ahead," Rangdajied coach Herring Shangpliang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore