Rangdajied drub United SC 4-0, emerge out of relegation
Shillong: Following their win against Bengaluru FC last week, Rangdajied FC today produced another impressive performance and emerged out of relegation zone by thrashing United SC 4-0 in an I-League match at J N Stadium here.
Kim Yong gave home team the lead eight minutes after the break before Nigerian striker Ranti Martin scoring one to inflict injury to his former club. T Lalnunpuia, who replaced Steven Dias 10 minutes before the final whistle, scored twice as the visitors were left embarrassed.
United`s Eric Brown did not perform as expected by his club even as Baldeep Singh and new recruit Waheed Adekunle were hardly considered a threat for Rangdajied keeper.
With this win, Rangdajied earned 18 points in their kitty, one point ahead of Mohammedan Sporting and two points below United SC.
Rangdajied have won thrice this season, drawn on four occasions with only East Bengal and Mohammedan Sporting emerging victorious in their Shillong outing.
"We worked hard as we improve our fitness level and we will continue to give our best in our games ahead," Rangdajied coach Herring Shangpliang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress