Real Madrid erect Galacticos podium to welcome Gareth Bale
London: Real Madrid have reportedly erected the ` Galacticos podium` at the Bernabeu Stadium to get it ready for the unveiling of their world record signing of Tottenham Hotspur striker Gareth Bale.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Spanish giants have agreed to a record deal of 109 million pounds last week for the Welshman, who is their number-one target, although the deal was held up with Spurs failing to land Willian as a replacement.
The report further said that the podium was used for the unveiling of their star Cristiano Ronaldo , whom they bought from Manchester United in 2009, adding that a glitzy presentation party had already been planned, with Real briefing fan groups to travel in their thousands to the Bernabeu next week to welcome Bale.
The giant podium is used by the La Liga aces to show off new signings, the report added.
Although the report said that Bale is still training with Tottenham as he bids to overcome an ankle injury, he is already believed to have accepted a 150,000 pounds-a-week contract, with the formalities set to be completed imminently.
According to the report, the transfer fee would make Bale the most expensive footballer in the world, surpassing the 80 million pounds Madrid paid for Ronaldo in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan