Real Madrid erect Galacticos podium to welcome Gareth Bale
London: Real Madrid have reportedly erected the ` Galacticos podium` at the Bernabeu Stadium to get it ready for the unveiling of their world record signing of Tottenham Hotspur striker Gareth Bale.
According to Metro.co.uk, the Spanish giants have agreed to a record deal of 109 million pounds last week for the Welshman, who is their number-one target, although the deal was held up with Spurs failing to land Willian as a replacement.
The report further said that the podium was used for the unveiling of their star Cristiano Ronaldo , whom they bought from Manchester United in 2009, adding that a glitzy presentation party had already been planned, with Real briefing fan groups to travel in their thousands to the Bernabeu next week to welcome Bale.
The giant podium is used by the La Liga aces to show off new signings, the report added.
Although the report said that Bale is still training with Tottenham as he bids to overcome an ankle injury, he is already believed to have accepted a 150,000 pounds-a-week contract, with the formalities set to be completed imminently.
According to the report, the transfer fee would make Bale the most expensive footballer in the world, surpassing the 80 million pounds Madrid paid for Ronaldo in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog