Real Madrid president hints at a record breaking 85-mln-pounds-bid for Bale
London: Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez has reportedly said that Tottenham Hotspurs` winger Gareth Bale is worth a world record pay of 85 million pounds that will even top the current record of the 80-million-pound-rated Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perez has put Bale on the same pedestal as tennis star Rafael Nadal as both the stars are worth the asking price in their respective fields.
Perez said that the clubs owe everything to the players who are generating and yielding income as they are the ones who make a club shift from winning to losing or vice versa.
Despite Perez`s insistence on luring Bale at 85 million pounds, Spurs have not shown much interest in letting Bale leave this season as they intend to retain him under a new deal.
However Perez is undeterred though he admitted that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is getting annoyed by Real`s public luring of the Double Player of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact