Real Madrid president hints at a record breaking 85-mln-pounds-bid for Bale
London: Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez has reportedly said that Tottenham Hotspurs` winger Gareth Bale is worth a world record pay of 85 million pounds that will even top the current record of the 80-million-pound-rated Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perez has put Bale on the same pedestal as tennis star Rafael Nadal as both the stars are worth the asking price in their respective fields.
Perez said that the clubs owe everything to the players who are generating and yielding income as they are the ones who make a club shift from winning to losing or vice versa.
Despite Perez`s insistence on luring Bale at 85 million pounds, Spurs have not shown much interest in letting Bale leave this season as they intend to retain him under a new deal.
However Perez is undeterred though he admitted that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is getting annoyed by Real`s public luring of the Double Player of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand