Real Madrid president hints at a record breaking 85-mln-pounds-bid for Bale
London: Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez has reportedly said that Tottenham Hotspurs` winger Gareth Bale is worth a world record pay of 85 million pounds that will even top the current record of the 80-million-pound-rated Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perez has put Bale on the same pedestal as tennis star Rafael Nadal as both the stars are worth the asking price in their respective fields.
Perez said that the clubs owe everything to the players who are generating and yielding income as they are the ones who make a club shift from winning to losing or vice versa.
Despite Perez`s insistence on luring Bale at 85 million pounds, Spurs have not shown much interest in letting Bale leave this season as they intend to retain him under a new deal.
However Perez is undeterred though he admitted that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is getting annoyed by Real`s public luring of the Double Player of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll