Real Madrid president hints at a record breaking 85-mln-pounds-bid for Bale
London: Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez has reportedly said that Tottenham Hotspurs` winger Gareth Bale is worth a world record pay of 85 million pounds that will even top the current record of the 80-million-pound-rated Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perez has put Bale on the same pedestal as tennis star Rafael Nadal as both the stars are worth the asking price in their respective fields.
Perez said that the clubs owe everything to the players who are generating and yielding income as they are the ones who make a club shift from winning to losing or vice versa.
Despite Perez`s insistence on luring Bale at 85 million pounds, Spurs have not shown much interest in letting Bale leave this season as they intend to retain him under a new deal.
However Perez is undeterred though he admitted that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is getting annoyed by Real`s public luring of the Double Player of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'