Roberto Carlos to coach Turkish Sivasspor club
Ankara: Former World Cup winner and Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos has agreed to coach Turkish Super League`s Sivasspor club.
Sivasspor officials announced that they had offered the coaching job to the Brazilian after former coach Riza Calimbay called it quits.
Carlos, 40, reportedly accepted the offer after consulting with friends from his time with Fenerbahce. Carlos is currently the sports director of Russian Premier League club Anzhi Makhachkala.
Sivasspor will officially announce the deal in the coming days.
Carlos, member of Brazil`s national team in 1998, 2002 and 2006, was known for his thundering shooting and curving free kicks. He earlier played for Fenerbahce and was a favourite of Turkish fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family