Roberto Carlos to coach Turkish Sivasspor club
Ankara: Former World Cup winner and Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos has agreed to coach Turkish Super League`s Sivasspor club.
Sivasspor officials announced that they had offered the coaching job to the Brazilian after former coach Riza Calimbay called it quits.
Carlos, 40, reportedly accepted the offer after consulting with friends from his time with Fenerbahce. Carlos is currently the sports director of Russian Premier League club Anzhi Makhachkala.
Sivasspor will officially announce the deal in the coming days.
Carlos, member of Brazil`s national team in 1998, 2002 and 2006, was known for his thundering shooting and curving free kicks. He earlier played for Fenerbahce and was a favourite of Turkish fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket