Robinho wage demands unreasonable: Santos
Rio de Janeiro: Santos have blamed Robinho`s high salary demands for the club`s failure to lure the AC Milan winger back to Brazil.
Talks over a possible transfer broke down on Wednesday after the 29-year-old refused to reduce his $500,000-a-month wage request, reports Xinhua.
"The decision is definitive unless something changes on the other side. Milan finished up at a pretty reasonable price-tag, less than six million euros. What Robinho wants to earn coupled with what the club would`ve paid Milan, creates a figure that is unreasonable for any Brazilian club," Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro said on Friday.
Robinho claims he accepted a 35 percent pay cut from his current salary with the Rossoneri in a bid to facilitate the move. The former Real Madrid and Manchester City player, now in the final year of his contract at the San Siro, struggled for a regular first-team place under manager Massimiliano Allegri last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir