Roma beat Genoa to close in on third
Rome: AS Roma moved four points behind third-placed Lazio in Serie A`s Champions League qualifying spot after Pablo Osvaldo`s early goal secured a 1-0 win over Genoa on Monday.
City rivals Lazio lost 1-0 at Catania on Sunday as Udinese and Napoli drew 2-2, opening the door for Luis Enrique`s inconsistent sixth-placed side to and make a late dash for third place with 10 games left in the season.
Striker Osvaldo, starting in place of the injured Francesco Totti, converted Leandro Greco`s pass after three minutes as Roma dominated at the Stadio Olimpico. Rodrigo Palacio hit the bar for 14th-placed Genoa when it looked easier to score.
U.S.-owned Roma, who on Monday signed a deal to train at Disney World during the next pre-season, now have their eyes fixed on the Magic Kingdom of the Champions League having spent big this term building a new team which has not always gelled.
Leaders AC Milan and second-placed Juventus look all but assured of automatic entry into Europe`s top club competition next season but Serie A`s race for third spot and the qualifying round berth could go to the wire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi