Roma secures Brazilian defender Castan
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian centre-back Leandro Castan has reportedly agreed to a four-year contract with Italian Serie A club Roma.
Castan will join the Giallorossi later this week after playing his final match for Corinthians in Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores decider against Boca Juniors, reports a news agency.
The Brazilian club will receive 5.5 million euros for the deal, which is yet to be officially announced by either club but was widely reported by Brazil`s press on Monday.
Castan will be the fifth Brazilian in Roma`s squad, which already boasts Juan, Marquinho, Rodrigo Taddei and Fabio Simplicio.
The 25-year-old was a key player in Corinthians` Brazilian championship-winning team last year.
This season, with Castan the bedrock of the team`s defence, Corinthians has conceded just four goals in 13 Copa Libertadores matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?