Roma secures Brazilian defender Castan
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian centre-back Leandro Castan has reportedly agreed to a four-year contract with Italian Serie A club Roma.
Castan will join the Giallorossi later this week after playing his final match for Corinthians in Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores decider against Boca Juniors, reports a news agency.
The Brazilian club will receive 5.5 million euros for the deal, which is yet to be officially announced by either club but was widely reported by Brazil`s press on Monday.
Castan will be the fifth Brazilian in Roma`s squad, which already boasts Juan, Marquinho, Rodrigo Taddei and Fabio Simplicio.
The 25-year-old was a key player in Corinthians` Brazilian championship-winning team last year.
This season, with Castan the bedrock of the team`s defence, Corinthians has conceded just four goals in 13 Copa Libertadores matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her