Ronaldinho says Hart’s tactics led to missed penalty
London: Ronaldinho has said England goalkeeper Joe Hart`s tactics were to blame for his missed penalty during Brazil`s 2-1 defeat on Wednesday.
Hart made a fine save to deny the Brazilian from the spot, which helped England to their first victory over Brazil in 23 years as the English Football Association celebrated their 150th anniversary at Wembley.
The Brazilian playmaker put his shot to the left of Hart, and Ronaldinho told reporters: "Normally I don`t aim for that corner.
"The goalkeeper deceived me and I ended up missing the penalty."
Goals from Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard cancelled out Fred`s second-half strike, and Ronaldinho admitted his side`s lack of match fitness cost his team.
"We knew the difficulty of playing against a team that is nearing the end of their season," he said.
"In Brazil, some players are only just starting their competitions. I`ve only played one game this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate