Ronaldinho says Hart’s tactics led to missed penalty
London: Ronaldinho has said England goalkeeper Joe Hart`s tactics were to blame for his missed penalty during Brazil`s 2-1 defeat on Wednesday.
Hart made a fine save to deny the Brazilian from the spot, which helped England to their first victory over Brazil in 23 years as the English Football Association celebrated their 150th anniversary at Wembley.
The Brazilian playmaker put his shot to the left of Hart, and Ronaldinho told reporters: "Normally I don`t aim for that corner.
"The goalkeeper deceived me and I ended up missing the penalty."
Goals from Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard cancelled out Fred`s second-half strike, and Ronaldinho admitted his side`s lack of match fitness cost his team.
"We knew the difficulty of playing against a team that is nearing the end of their season," he said.
"In Brazil, some players are only just starting their competitions. I`ve only played one game this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair