Ronaldinho says Hart’s tactics led to missed penalty
London: Ronaldinho has said England goalkeeper Joe Hart`s tactics were to blame for his missed penalty during Brazil`s 2-1 defeat on Wednesday.
Hart made a fine save to deny the Brazilian from the spot, which helped England to their first victory over Brazil in 23 years as the English Football Association celebrated their 150th anniversary at Wembley.
The Brazilian playmaker put his shot to the left of Hart, and Ronaldinho told reporters: "Normally I don`t aim for that corner.
"The goalkeeper deceived me and I ended up missing the penalty."
Goals from Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard cancelled out Fred`s second-half strike, and Ronaldinho admitted his side`s lack of match fitness cost his team.
"We knew the difficulty of playing against a team that is nearing the end of their season," he said.
"In Brazil, some players are only just starting their competitions. I`ve only played one game this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand