Ronaldinho says Hart’s tactics led to missed penalty
London: Ronaldinho has said England goalkeeper Joe Hart`s tactics were to blame for his missed penalty during Brazil`s 2-1 defeat on Wednesday.
Hart made a fine save to deny the Brazilian from the spot, which helped England to their first victory over Brazil in 23 years as the English Football Association celebrated their 150th anniversary at Wembley.
The Brazilian playmaker put his shot to the left of Hart, and Ronaldinho told reporters: "Normally I don`t aim for that corner.
"The goalkeeper deceived me and I ended up missing the penalty."
Goals from Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard cancelled out Fred`s second-half strike, and Ronaldinho admitted his side`s lack of match fitness cost his team.
"We knew the difficulty of playing against a team that is nearing the end of their season," he said.
"In Brazil, some players are only just starting their competitions. I`ve only played one game this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you