Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro club again
Rio De Janeiro: Footballer Ronaldinho has ended speculation about his future by agreeing to remain at Atletico Mineiro, the Brazilian club confirmed Thursday.
The 33-year-old`s contract ended last month and reports strongly linked him with a move to Turkish side Besiktas.
But Atletico`s president Alexandre Kalil said the two-time FIFA world player of the year had committed to at least another season at the club, Xinhua reported.
"(Our) fans might be annoying, but the guy is in love with them. He has re-signed!" Kalil wrote on Twitter.
Financial details and the length of the new contract were not disclosed.
Ronaldinho joined Atletico in June 2012 following a tumultuous 18-month spell with Brazilian rivals Flamengo.
He immediately recaptured his best form for the Belo Horizonte side and was influential in the team`s 2013 Copa Libertadores triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside