Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro club again
Rio De Janeiro: Footballer Ronaldinho has ended speculation about his future by agreeing to remain at Atletico Mineiro, the Brazilian club confirmed Thursday.
The 33-year-old`s contract ended last month and reports strongly linked him with a move to Turkish side Besiktas.
But Atletico`s president Alexandre Kalil said the two-time FIFA world player of the year had committed to at least another season at the club, Xinhua reported.
"(Our) fans might be annoying, but the guy is in love with them. He has re-signed!" Kalil wrote on Twitter.
Financial details and the length of the new contract were not disclosed.
Ronaldinho joined Atletico in June 2012 following a tumultuous 18-month spell with Brazilian rivals Flamengo.
He immediately recaptured his best form for the Belo Horizonte side and was influential in the team`s 2013 Copa Libertadores triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?