Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro club again
Rio De Janeiro: Footballer Ronaldinho has ended speculation about his future by agreeing to remain at Atletico Mineiro, the Brazilian club confirmed Thursday.
The 33-year-old`s contract ended last month and reports strongly linked him with a move to Turkish side Besiktas.
But Atletico`s president Alexandre Kalil said the two-time FIFA world player of the year had committed to at least another season at the club, Xinhua reported.
"(Our) fans might be annoying, but the guy is in love with them. He has re-signed!" Kalil wrote on Twitter.
Financial details and the length of the new contract were not disclosed.
Ronaldinho joined Atletico in June 2012 following a tumultuous 18-month spell with Brazilian rivals Flamengo.
He immediately recaptured his best form for the Belo Horizonte side and was influential in the team`s 2013 Copa Libertadores triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi