Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro club again
Rio De Janeiro: Footballer Ronaldinho has ended speculation about his future by agreeing to remain at Atletico Mineiro, the Brazilian club confirmed Thursday.
The 33-year-old`s contract ended last month and reports strongly linked him with a move to Turkish side Besiktas.
But Atletico`s president Alexandre Kalil said the two-time FIFA world player of the year had committed to at least another season at the club, Xinhua reported.
"(Our) fans might be annoying, but the guy is in love with them. He has re-signed!" Kalil wrote on Twitter.
Financial details and the length of the new contract were not disclosed.
Ronaldinho joined Atletico in June 2012 following a tumultuous 18-month spell with Brazilian rivals Flamengo.
He immediately recaptured his best form for the Belo Horizonte side and was influential in the team`s 2013 Copa Libertadores triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP