Ronaldinho thanks fans for mother`s tribute
Rio de Janeiro: An emotional Ronaldinho shed tears as he thanked Atletico Mineiro fans for their tribute to his mother Miguelina, who is recovering from cancer.
Ronaldinho was visibly moved before the team`s 0-0 home draw against Gremio Sunday when supporters held up a banner with an image of Miguelina and the words "Faith in God".
The 32-year-old immediately approached the fans and made a series of gestures to show his gratitude.
"It made me very happy to see the affection they gave me," Ronaldinho said after the match.
"I wanted to score to show my appreciation to the fans but unfortunately the goal didn`t come."
The goalless draw against his former club didn`t concern Ronaldinho, who insisted Atletico remained contenders for the championship despite slipping four points behind leader Fluminense.
"The draw is important because it means we have now taken four points in the two matches against Gremio," the former Barcelona and AC Milan star said.
"That is a positive result against a good team. We had our chances to win but in the end it wasn`t a bad result."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city