Ronaldinho thanks fans for mother`s tribute
Rio de Janeiro: An emotional Ronaldinho shed tears as he thanked Atletico Mineiro fans for their tribute to his mother Miguelina, who is recovering from cancer.
Ronaldinho was visibly moved before the team`s 0-0 home draw against Gremio Sunday when supporters held up a banner with an image of Miguelina and the words "Faith in God".
The 32-year-old immediately approached the fans and made a series of gestures to show his gratitude.
"It made me very happy to see the affection they gave me," Ronaldinho said after the match.
"I wanted to score to show my appreciation to the fans but unfortunately the goal didn`t come."
The goalless draw against his former club didn`t concern Ronaldinho, who insisted Atletico remained contenders for the championship despite slipping four points behind leader Fluminense.
"The draw is important because it means we have now taken four points in the two matches against Gremio," the former Barcelona and AC Milan star said.
"That is a positive result against a good team. We had our chances to win but in the end it wasn`t a bad result."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today