Ronaldo can`t handle criticism: Mourinho
London: The flamboyant coach has hit out at the Real Madrid star`s attitude and has downplayed his supposed falling-out with Pepe.
Jose Mourinho has taken a swipe at Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of his Real Madrid exit, suggesting the prolific attacker cannot deal with criticism.
The Portugal international had a bust-up with his coach earlier this season after Madrid`s 2-0 Copa del Rey win over Valencia and Mourinho has admitted the forward did not take kindly to his comments.
"Ronaldo has had three fantastic seasons with me. We found a tactical set-up where he got the best out of himself and scored a lot of goals. I had one problem with him, though," said Mourinho.
"When I criticised him from a tactical point of view because I felt he could still improve, he did not accept what I had to say.
"That might be because he thinks he already knows everything and the coach cannot help him grow anymore..."
Mourinho also endured a highly-publicised spat with Pepe during the final stages of his tenure at Santiago Bernabeu, but he insists his compatriot has garnered more support at the club as a result of the dispute.
"I don`t know whether Pepe betrayed me. Everybody wanted him out at Madrid, yet I kept him on board," Mourinho continued.
"But he picked up an injury and Raphael Varane did a fine job during his absence. He deserved to play and Pepe didn`t adapt well to the new situation.
"All those who called him a murderer before now supported him. I`m happy that he gets that support now. It`s great for him and Madrid need players like him."
Mourinho left Madrid at the end of the 2012-13 campaign to return to Chelsea, where he was presented on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report