Ronaldo: World Cup stadiums will be ready
Rio de Janeiro: Football great Ronaldo has tried to allay fears about the ongoing construction delays to Brazil`s World Cup stadiums.
Four of the country`s 12 World Cup venues are yet to be ready despite a December 2013 deadline imposed by football`s governing body FIFA, reported Xinhua.
Ronaldo, an official World Cup ambassador, said the venues have ample time to finish work and hold test events before the June 12 opener between Brazil and Croatia in Sao Paulo.
"I`ve been closely following the dedication and commitment of those who are working and now we are in the final stretch of preparations," Ronaldo told Argentine newspaper Clarin Tuesday.
"The stadiums are beautiful. Between now and the World Cup, several test events will be held. They will be fundamental for all involved so that adjustments can be made if needed."
Stadiums yet to be completed are Cuiaba`s Arena Pantanal, Curitiba`s Arena da Baixada, Sao Paulo`s Itaquerao and Manaus` Arena da Amazonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai