Rosell hints at Thiago Silva interest
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has hinted that his club are interested in Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva.
The Catalans are said to be keen on adding a defender to their ranks this summer but, while the 49-year-old refused to rule out a move for the Brazil international, he suggested the player`s salary could be an obstacle.
"We never say never, but it would be difficult to negotiate. I think it would be very difficult," he told a press conference.
"We have not contacted PSG because the player`s wages are very high. We can afford it [the salary] but it could upset the dressing-room."
Meanwhile, the official went on to state Victor Valdes and David Villa would remain at the club - despite reported interest from a host of clubs across Europe.
He added: "Victor`s agent told [sporting director] Andoni Zubizarreta that Valdes would stay to the end of his contract, which we are pleased about.
"His contract ends next summer though and our technical team will be on the lookout for a replacement.
"With Villa, he remains at the club too unless we say otherwise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users