Rosell hints at Thiago Silva interest
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has hinted that his club are interested in Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva.
The Catalans are said to be keen on adding a defender to their ranks this summer but, while the 49-year-old refused to rule out a move for the Brazil international, he suggested the player`s salary could be an obstacle.
"We never say never, but it would be difficult to negotiate. I think it would be very difficult," he told a press conference.
"We have not contacted PSG because the player`s wages are very high. We can afford it [the salary] but it could upset the dressing-room."
Meanwhile, the official went on to state Victor Valdes and David Villa would remain at the club - despite reported interest from a host of clubs across Europe.
He added: "Victor`s agent told [sporting director] Andoni Zubizarreta that Valdes would stay to the end of his contract, which we are pleased about.
"His contract ends next summer though and our technical team will be on the lookout for a replacement.
"With Villa, he remains at the club too unless we say otherwise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof