Rural Jharkhand girls headed for Spain
Kolkata: Eighteen rural girls from Jharkhand are all set to board a Madrid-bound flight on Thursday to play Donosti Cup football tournament in Spain from July 1-6.
The girls will represent Yuwa-India, an NGO, and compete in the U-14 category in the international youth football tournament at San Sebastian.
Over 400 teams from 30 countries will vie for top honours in 12 boys and girls categories with the matches being 50 minutes affair.
The team will play three games in their group while the first will be against Wisconsin International of the USA and further games will depend on the team`s win/loss ratio in the first round.
The team will also be visiting Santiago Bernabeu Stadium of Real Madrid on July 7 and then travel to Vitoria-Gasteiz for the Gasteiz cup and return to Kolkata on July 13.
Excited about the 17-day Spanish trip, Yuwa-India captain Rinki Kumari said, "Spain being No 1 in world football, we are all are looking forward to it. Never ever we thought of this, we are hoping to get maximum from this exposure trip."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city