Rural Jharkhand girls headed for Spain
Kolkata: Eighteen rural girls from Jharkhand are all set to board a Madrid-bound flight on Thursday to play Donosti Cup football tournament in Spain from July 1-6.
The girls will represent Yuwa-India, an NGO, and compete in the U-14 category in the international youth football tournament at San Sebastian.
Over 400 teams from 30 countries will vie for top honours in 12 boys and girls categories with the matches being 50 minutes affair.
The team will play three games in their group while the first will be against Wisconsin International of the USA and further games will depend on the team`s win/loss ratio in the first round.
The team will also be visiting Santiago Bernabeu Stadium of Real Madrid on July 7 and then travel to Vitoria-Gasteiz for the Gasteiz cup and return to Kolkata on July 13.
Excited about the 17-day Spanish trip, Yuwa-India captain Rinki Kumari said, "Spain being No 1 in world football, we are all are looking forward to it. Never ever we thought of this, we are hoping to get maximum from this exposure trip."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC