Salgaocar take on Mumbai FC
Mapusa: Salgaocar would look to bounce back to winning ways when they take on Mumbai FC tomorrow, in the 21st round of the I-League at Duler Stadium.
Salgaocar were disappointed after losing to Sporting Clube de Goa 1-3.
The team was playing well in the first half as they created ample scoring opportunities and took the lead in the first half. But, things changed drastically in the second half, as they were reduced to nine men after their keeper Karanjit Singh and striker Josimar Silva got marching orders from the referee.
Sporting, who were also reduced to 10 men, enjoyed the numerical advantage and held an upper hand by scoring two late goals in the stoppage time, after they had equalised through Juanfir to fashion their win.
Salgaocar, who have slipped to ninth position with 20 points from 20 matches, will miss their regular keeper Karanjit Singh and striker Josimar Silva tomorrow, who were out after receiving a red card each in their last match.
"It`s really disappointing to lose after taking the lead and having better share of exchanges and scoring chances. Now we cannot afford to lose further as it will make things difficult. We have no options but put up a bold fight in their absence against Mumbai FC and win which will help us to remain above the relegation zone," stated Peter Valles, Technical Director of Salgaocar FC.
Mumbai FC also struggled in the last seven matches to put up a good show, which saw them placed to seventh place with 26 points. But the long break will help Khalid Jamil boys to sort up their mistakes.
"The long break will do a lot of good to us as we have the boys recovered from injuries and have full squad at my disposal. The boys are well-prepared to take on Salgaocar and hoping for a win tomorrow," stated Jamil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in