Sao Paulo deny deal with Inter for Lucas Moura
Sao Paulo: Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has stressed that he is unaware of a supposed agreement with Inter over the transfer of Brazil international Lucas Moura.
The 19-year-old is one of the hottest commodities in the transfer market this summer, with the Nerazzurri, Manchester United and Real Madrid all said to be vying for his signature.
Reports on Thursday suggested Inter and Sao Paulo had concurred on a €27 million deal, which could rise to as much as €32m depending on the midfielder`s performances for the Italian club, but Paulo de Jesus Lopes has denied a deal is in place.
"I`m not aware of this information. I was with [Sao Paulo president] Juvenal Juvencio on Wednesday and Thursday," the club`s vice-president stated to Lancenet.
Paulo de Jesus Lopes then went on to admit that talks have taken place with Manchester United, but no agreement could be reached.
"We only negotiated with Manchester United, but their offer was not good enough."
Lucas is currently taking part in the London Olympics with Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’