Sao Paulo deny deal with Inter for Lucas Moura
Sao Paulo: Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has stressed that he is unaware of a supposed agreement with Inter over the transfer of Brazil international Lucas Moura.
The 19-year-old is one of the hottest commodities in the transfer market this summer, with the Nerazzurri, Manchester United and Real Madrid all said to be vying for his signature.
Reports on Thursday suggested Inter and Sao Paulo had concurred on a €27 million deal, which could rise to as much as €32m depending on the midfielder`s performances for the Italian club, but Paulo de Jesus Lopes has denied a deal is in place.
"I`m not aware of this information. I was with [Sao Paulo president] Juvenal Juvencio on Wednesday and Thursday," the club`s vice-president stated to Lancenet.
Paulo de Jesus Lopes then went on to admit that talks have taken place with Manchester United, but no agreement could be reached.
"We only negotiated with Manchester United, but their offer was not good enough."
Lucas is currently taking part in the London Olympics with Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach