Sao Paulo World Cup stadium nears completion
Rio de Janeiro: Construction work on Sao Paulo`s Itaquerao World Cup football stadium has reached over 90 percent completion.
Brazilian constructor Odebrecht, who is responsible for the project, released a series of photos Friday showing the venue in the final phase of development, with the turf and most of the 68,000 seats already installed.
More than 1,500 workers are finishing work on the dressing rooms, bathrooms and stadium`s roof, Odebrecht said.
Itaquerao, also known as Arena Corinthians, will host the opening match of the World Cup June 12 and one of the semifinals.
According to Odebrecht, about 20,000 seats will be fitted into temporary stands to be removed after the tournament.
The stadium is on schedule to be ready by the end of December, in time for the deadline enforced by world football`s governing body, FIFA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?