Schalke sign Michel Bastos on loan
Berlin: Bundesliga team FC Schalke signed Brazilian international Michel Bastos on an 18-month loan from French side Lyon, the club said on its official homepage.
The Brazilian international and Lyon midfielder Michel Fernandes Bastos joined the "Royal Blues" on loan until June 2014 after he passed a medical check up Tuesday.
"We are happy that Michel joins us. He is an experienced player on the international level with special skills. He can immediately help us and is eligible to play at the UEFA Champions League," Schalke general manager Horst Heldt said on their official homepage.
Bastos loan contract includes an option to wrap up the contract on a permanent basis. Moreover he received jersey number nine to help the "Knappen" who sit in sixth position with 29 points, 19 adrift of league leaders Bayern Munich.
The 29-year-old scored 26 goals in 98 appearances during his two years at Lyon. In 10 appearances for the Brazil national team he has scored one goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH