Scolari hints at Kaka recall
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hinted at an international recall for former FIFA World Player of the Year Kaka by promising changes to his squad for upcoming friendlies against Italy and Russia.
Kaka was absent from the Selecao`s 1-2 loss to England at Wembley Stadium Feb 6 - Scolari`s first match in charge since taking over from sacked predecessor Mano Menezes, reports Xinhua.
But Scolari, who guided Brazil to the 2002 World Cup with Kaka in his squad during his first spell as national coach, admitted to erring with his team selection against England.
"I wasn`t impressed with the positioning of the players and a series of details," Scolari said Thursday.
In an indication that Kaka will be recalled, Scolari said players not featuring regularly for their clubs would not be ruled out of consideration.
"I am going to choose a team that I think is best for Brazil," the 64-year-old said. "I cannot make my judgments on what journalists write."
Kaka impressed in his return to the national team for the first time in two years in October last year, scoring in friendly victories against Japan and Iraq.
But the 30-year-old has been used sparingly by Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho this season and was an unused substitute in the club`s 3-1 Copa del Rey semifinal victory over Barcelona Tuesday.
Brazil will meet Italy in Geneva March 31 and Russia at Stamford Bridge in London four days later. Scolari will name his squad for the matches at a press conference in Rio de Janeiro Tuesday.
In-form Manchester United right-back Rafael da Silva is also expected to be given his third international cap by Scolari after being overlooked for the England match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog