Seedorf wishes to coach Milan
Rio de Janeiro: Former AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has revealed a desire to return to the Italian club as head coach.
The 36-year-old playmaker is currently playing for Brazilian outfit Botafogo but admits his playing days are likely to end when his contract expires next year.
"When I left last summer it was a `see you soon` rather than a goodbye," said Seedorf, who won two Champions League trophies during a decorated 10-year spell at the San Siro.
"It`s true that I`ve always thought that I could become a coach when my playing days finish."
Seedorf said he would relish the chance to manage young Milan forwards Stephan El Shaarawy and Mario Balotelli.
"Stephan is showing that he is a great attacker. He has a good head on his shoulders and a lot of talent. He needs to continue on this path," he said.
"Balotelli, meanwhile, will continue developing. In some cases, he has to correct some aspects of his character. But he has great technical ability and excellent potential for improvement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites