Sergio Aguero pledges future to Manchester City
Manchester: The Argentine says that he is very happy at the Etihad Stadium despite a disappointing season and Roberto Mancini`s departure, and is also hopeful that Carlos Tevez will stay.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has pledged his future to the club, insisting that he has no reason to leave.
The Argentine has been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium in recent weeks, with Real Madrid in particular thought to be keen admirers, but is adamant that he is very happy at the club despite a lack of silverware in 2012-13.
"It`s simple," said Aguero. "There are always rumours in the summer, all the time, but I am very happy at City. I`ve got four more years on my contract, I`m going to work hard for City and everything else is just rumours.
"Every player wants to play in big teams that win titles. We didn`t win anything last season but we have won trophies in the last few years, so there is no reason to go."
Compatriot Carlos Tevez is another player who has been linked with a move away from City but Aguero does not want to see the 29-year-old leave.
"I want to play with all the big players and Carlos is a big player, so I would like him to stay," he remarked, "but part of football means that players move around from one club to another, so I can only talk about myself and Carlos can only talk about himself."
Manuel Pellegrini is widely expected to replace the sacked Roberto Mancini as manager and Aguero says that he has heard good things about the Chilean.
"I don`t know Pellegrini personall, but I have heard from other players that he`s a very good manager," the forward remarked. "We don`t know if it`s him who is definitely coming yet but, when we do know who is coming, we will have to make sure we adapt to their system and try to do our best.
"All we have to do is look at the present, who is coming next and make sure we build things properly for next season. It`s just part of football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan