Sesa FA`s Glan Martins to be sent for USLPRO trials in Florida
Margao: Sesa Football Academy will be sending another promising player Glan Martins, for selection trials to United Soccer Leagues Professional (USLPRO) combine, which will be held between January 23-26, at Florida in United States.
This comes after the successful transfer of Chukwudi Chukwuma to Czech Republic`s Gambrinus Liga side, FK Teplice.
The three-day trial will include training sessions and a practice match, with Martins being closely monitored by domestic and international scouts as well as professional coaches.
Known for sound technique and playmaking skills, Martins began his stint with SFA in 2010.
Elated upon learning about the trial at Florida Academy, Martins said, "Its a very big opportunity for me and I hope I can make the most of it."
"I would like to thank Sesa Football Academy and its coaches for training and guidance and Libero Sports India for helping me secure a spot for this trail," stated Martins.
Executive Director of Sesa Sterlite, P K Mukherjee said, "He has worked very hard over the past four years and has certainly earned the opportunity to showcase his skill and talent on a global platform. We wish him well for the USI, Pro Combine trials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says