Sesa FA`s Glan Martins to be sent for USLPRO trials in Florida
Margao: Sesa Football Academy will be sending another promising player Glan Martins, for selection trials to United Soccer Leagues Professional (USLPRO) combine, which will be held between January 23-26, at Florida in United States.
This comes after the successful transfer of Chukwudi Chukwuma to Czech Republic`s Gambrinus Liga side, FK Teplice.
The three-day trial will include training sessions and a practice match, with Martins being closely monitored by domestic and international scouts as well as professional coaches.
Known for sound technique and playmaking skills, Martins began his stint with SFA in 2010.
Elated upon learning about the trial at Florida Academy, Martins said, "Its a very big opportunity for me and I hope I can make the most of it."
"I would like to thank Sesa Football Academy and its coaches for training and guidance and Libero Sports India for helping me secure a spot for this trail," stated Martins.
Executive Director of Sesa Sterlite, P K Mukherjee said, "He has worked very hard over the past four years and has certainly earned the opportunity to showcase his skill and talent on a global platform. We wish him well for the USI, Pro Combine trials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar