Sesa FA`s Glan Martins to be sent for USLPRO trials in Florida
Margao: Sesa Football Academy will be sending another promising player Glan Martins, for selection trials to United Soccer Leagues Professional (USLPRO) combine, which will be held between January 23-26, at Florida in United States.
This comes after the successful transfer of Chukwudi Chukwuma to Czech Republic`s Gambrinus Liga side, FK Teplice.
The three-day trial will include training sessions and a practice match, with Martins being closely monitored by domestic and international scouts as well as professional coaches.
Known for sound technique and playmaking skills, Martins began his stint with SFA in 2010.
Elated upon learning about the trial at Florida Academy, Martins said, "Its a very big opportunity for me and I hope I can make the most of it."
"I would like to thank Sesa Football Academy and its coaches for training and guidance and Libero Sports India for helping me secure a spot for this trail," stated Martins.
Executive Director of Sesa Sterlite, P K Mukherjee said, "He has worked very hard over the past four years and has certainly earned the opportunity to showcase his skill and talent on a global platform. We wish him well for the USI, Pro Combine trials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today