Shakira thanks football for finding true love
Los Angeles: Pop star Shakira thanks World Cup for making her meet with Gerard Pique, who is love of her life.
The two met when Shakira was promoting her 2010 World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka" for Africa and they now have an 18-month-old son together.
Speaking ahead of her closing ceremony performance Sunday night, the singer said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup," reports mirror.co.uk
And she even thanked football for her son.
"If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed