Shakira thanks football for finding true love
Los Angeles: Pop star Shakira thanks World Cup for making her meet with Gerard Pique, who is love of her life.
The two met when Shakira was promoting her 2010 World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka" for Africa and they now have an 18-month-old son together.
Speaking ahead of her closing ceremony performance Sunday night, the singer said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup," reports mirror.co.uk
And she even thanked football for her son.
"If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!