Shakira thanks football for finding true love
Los Angeles: Pop star Shakira thanks World Cup for making her meet with Gerard Pique, who is love of her life.
The two met when Shakira was promoting her 2010 World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka" for Africa and they now have an 18-month-old son together.
Speaking ahead of her closing ceremony performance Sunday night, the singer said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup," reports mirror.co.uk
And she even thanked football for her son.
"If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan