Shakira thanks football for finding true love
Los Angeles: Pop star Shakira thanks World Cup for making her meet with Gerard Pique, who is love of her life.
The two met when Shakira was promoting her 2010 World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka" for Africa and they now have an 18-month-old son together.
Speaking ahead of her closing ceremony performance Sunday night, the singer said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup," reports mirror.co.uk
And she even thanked football for her son.
"If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon