Shakira thanks football for finding true love
Los Angeles: Pop star Shakira thanks World Cup for making her meet with Gerard Pique, who is love of her life.
The two met when Shakira was promoting her 2010 World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka" for Africa and they now have an 18-month-old son together.
Speaking ahead of her closing ceremony performance Sunday night, the singer said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup," reports mirror.co.uk
And she even thanked football for her son.
"If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Rain brings some respite from heat wave
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- SHOCKING! This will make your blood boil! Elderly lady thrashed by woman, cries helplessly - WATCH
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in ceremony: Stalin made to sit in tenth row, Karunanidhi fumes
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When RCB skipper Virat Kohli turned painter!
- Focus on political consensus for GST: Industry to government
- Would love to do 'Charlie's Angels' with Jacqueline, Nargis: Lisa Haydon