Sheffield Wednesday threaten life bans for unruly fans
London: Sheffield Wednesday will give life bans to any fans found to be involved in the crowd trouble that followed Sunday`s 2-2 draw at home to Crystal Palace and condemned the club to England`s third tier.
South Yorkshire Police confirmed eight people had been arrested and released on police bail for public order offences both inside and outside Wednesday`s Hillsborough ground.
"Sheffield Wednesday will support the authorities accordingly and any individuals proved to have behaved inappropriately will be placed on lifetime club bans," a statement said on Monday.
Fans invaded the pitch after the match ended.
Crystal Palace player Clint Hill was quoted in British media as saying he had been punched by Wednesday fans although South Yorkshire police said no complaint had been received from the London club who stayed in the Championship thanks to their point.
Police said they would study CCTV footage of the incidents and would robustly pursue any other fans involved in disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America