Silva to stay at AC Milan: Berlusconi
Rome: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has guaranteed he will not sell Brazilian international defender Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain.
The French club reportedly offered 50 million euros for the 27-year-old but Berlusconi has blocked the move, according to an official statement on the club`s website Thursday, reported sources.
"The president Silvio Berlusconi has decided: Thiago Silva will stay at Milan," the statement said.
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the deal would not go ahead on its twitter page.
"The club has taken the decision to withdraw from negotiations with Thiago Silva," the message said.
Silva is currently spending time with his family in Rio de Janeiro after a series of international friendlies with Brazil.
Earlier in the week Italy striker and Silva`s Milan teammate Antonio Cassano publicly voiced his disapproval of the Brazilian`s transfer.
"Thiago Silva is irreplaceable. Without him we will lose 50 percent of the team. The club should forget about winning the Serie A or Champions League."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city