Silva to stay at AC Milan: Berlusconi
Rome: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has guaranteed he will not sell Brazilian international defender Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain.
The French club reportedly offered 50 million euros for the 27-year-old but Berlusconi has blocked the move, according to an official statement on the club`s website Thursday, reported sources.
"The president Silvio Berlusconi has decided: Thiago Silva will stay at Milan," the statement said.
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the deal would not go ahead on its twitter page.
"The club has taken the decision to withdraw from negotiations with Thiago Silva," the message said.
Silva is currently spending time with his family in Rio de Janeiro after a series of international friendlies with Brazil.
Earlier in the week Italy striker and Silva`s Milan teammate Antonio Cassano publicly voiced his disapproval of the Brazilian`s transfer.
"Thiago Silva is irreplaceable. Without him we will lose 50 percent of the team. The club should forget about winning the Serie A or Champions League."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok