Silva to stay at AC Milan: Berlusconi
Rome: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has guaranteed he will not sell Brazilian international defender Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain.
The French club reportedly offered 50 million euros for the 27-year-old but Berlusconi has blocked the move, according to an official statement on the club`s website Thursday, reported sources.
"The president Silvio Berlusconi has decided: Thiago Silva will stay at Milan," the statement said.
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the deal would not go ahead on its twitter page.
"The club has taken the decision to withdraw from negotiations with Thiago Silva," the message said.
Silva is currently spending time with his family in Rio de Janeiro after a series of international friendlies with Brazil.
Earlier in the week Italy striker and Silva`s Milan teammate Antonio Cassano publicly voiced his disapproval of the Brazilian`s transfer.
"Thiago Silva is irreplaceable. Without him we will lose 50 percent of the team. The club should forget about winning the Serie A or Champions League."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan