Spain prepare for Euro defence with China game
Madrid : The Spanish national team has its final rehearsal for the European Championships when they play China in Sevilla Sunday night.
The game will be the only chance that Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has to prepare for the defence of Spain`s European title with players from Athletic Club Bilbao and FC Barcelona available.
Spain enjoyed comfortable wins against Croatia and South Korea without key players such as Andres Iniesta, Xavi Hernandez and Fernando Llorente, reports said.
It will be interesting to see if Del Bosque starts with big striker Fernando Llorente against China or if he gives another chance to Fernando Torres who silenced critics with the opening goal against South Korea in the 4-1 win in midweek.
Should Torres start, it will mean that he probably will get the nod ahead of Llorente in the European Championships, but Del Bosque may feel that Llorente`s form throughout the season means he deserves his chance.
It looks increasingly likely that Sergio Ramos will move across from right back to partner Gerard Pique or Javi Martinez. That would see either Juanfran Torres, who looked impressive in the last two matches, or Alvaro Arbeloa compete for the right back slot.
Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio Busquets can all expect minutes in midfield, although Cesc Fabregas will miss out as he recovers from a slight muscle injury. Meanwhile, David Silva and either Santi Cazorla or Pedro Rodriguez will add support and creativity in the upper part of the field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad