Sporting, Dempo look to induct foreign players
Panaji: Sporting Clube de Goa and Dempo Sports Club, who have their Asian quota vacant, are seeking to reinforce their respective strike force by signing foreign players when the second international transfer window begins from January 16.
Sporting Clube de Goa, who started well in the ongoing I-League, however struggled in the later part of the football championship. They lost their last seven matches to find themselves languishing at the 10th spot (out of 14 teams) at the end of first phase.
They desperately needed a striker and have called South Korea`s Park Jae-Hyun for trial to support South Sudan`s James Moga.
Peter Vaz, Sporting President, said the 31-year-old has arrived here and will start training from January 15. Park has played for K-League side Incheon United from 2005 to 2009. He has previously donned the colours for the likes of Daegu FC, Ulsan Hyundai Mipo Dockyard FC and Yongin City FC in the Korea National league.
"If he impresses us during the trial we will sign him," stated Vaz.
Dempo, too, are keen to complete their foreign quota by inducting Japanese striker Yusuke Kato and Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Densil Theobad.
Theobad, a formidable midfielder who has been training with Dempo for the past one month, will make his debut against Shillong Lajong on January 22.
Talks are on with Japanese striker-cum-midfielder Kato and the 25-year-old will join the club soon, stated Shrinivas Dempo, the Goan outfit`s patron.
Kato plays for MIO Biwako Kusatsu, a Japanese club. He is the second Japanese to play in Argentina`s top division football league after Naohiro Takahara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested