Sporting held to goalless draw by Porto
Lisbon: Sporting Lisbon were held to a goalless draw by FC Porto at the Alvalada Stadium in here in the first round of the eagerly awaited clash in the Portuguese League Cup.
Porto started off stronger, creating several chances in the first half, with Ghilas` effort going over in the seventh minute and Lica`s falling into goalkeeper Marcelo`s hands in the 15th minute Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Sporting soon caught up and overall saw the most scoring opportunities but solid defensive work from Porto and some brilliant saves from goalkeeper Fabiano, kept them at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation