Sporting held to goalless draw by Porto
Lisbon: Sporting Lisbon were held to a goalless draw by FC Porto at the Alvalada Stadium in here in the first round of the eagerly awaited clash in the Portuguese League Cup.
Porto started off stronger, creating several chances in the first half, with Ghilas` effort going over in the seventh minute and Lica`s falling into goalkeeper Marcelo`s hands in the 15th minute Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Sporting soon caught up and overall saw the most scoring opportunities but solid defensive work from Porto and some brilliant saves from goalkeeper Fabiano, kept them at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination