Sporting lodge complaint with AIFF against Mumbai FC coach
Margao: Sporting Clube de Goa have lodged a complaint with AIFF`s I-league CEO Sunando Dhar against Mumbai FC coach Khalid Jamil for an alleged unsporting behavior during their match on Jan 23 at the Nehru Stadium here.
"After our team scored the third goal, our Sudanese striker James Moga was close to the Mumbai FC bench when coach Khalid Jamil allegedly shouted at him obscene words in Arabic. The translation from Arabic was given to us by Moga who is fluent in that language," said team manager Anju Albuquerque in the complaint.
"By using such unsporting and derogatory language Jamil tried to incite our player and induce him to retaliate and thus fall into the bad books of the referee. Moga had already been booked earlier in the match and another booking would have seen him being expelled. Jamil almost succeeded in his mission of gaining an advantage for his team," added Anju.
Sporting have asked the AIFF to take necessary and exemplary action against the Mumbai FC coach for not maintaining decorum and fair play.
Jamil had complained of being abused in Arabic by Moga, an accusation which the Sporting striker has categorically denied.
Moga claimed that it was the MFC coach who was in the wrong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?