Stoppage-time header from gives Fluminense victory
Rio de Janeiro: A stoppage-time header from Rafael Moura earned Fluminense a dramatic 2-1 Copa Libertadores victory over Argentina`s Arsenal in Buenos Aires.
Carlinhos scored the opener for the visitors in the 34th minute before Nicolas Aguirre equalized nine minutes from time.
Fluminense appeared to have wasted its chance to win Wednesday when Thiago Neves`s 90th minute penalty was saved by midfielder Diego Torres, who was in goal after the expulsion of Carlos Campestrini.
But Moura sealed the result two minutes into added time when he connected with Manuel Lanzini`s cross to score only his second goal of the season.
"I`ve worked my socks off to be here today and pay back the club and fans for everything they have done for me," Moura was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Fluminense`s Brazilian rivals Corinthians finished the group phase with a 6-0 victory over Venezuela`s Deportivo Tachira at the Pacaembu stadium in Sao Paulo.
Danilo and Paulinho scored first half goals before Jorge Henrique, Emerson, Liedson and Douglas completed the rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley