Stoppage-time header from gives Fluminense victory
Rio de Janeiro: A stoppage-time header from Rafael Moura earned Fluminense a dramatic 2-1 Copa Libertadores victory over Argentina`s Arsenal in Buenos Aires.
Carlinhos scored the opener for the visitors in the 34th minute before Nicolas Aguirre equalized nine minutes from time.
Fluminense appeared to have wasted its chance to win Wednesday when Thiago Neves`s 90th minute penalty was saved by midfielder Diego Torres, who was in goal after the expulsion of Carlos Campestrini.
But Moura sealed the result two minutes into added time when he connected with Manuel Lanzini`s cross to score only his second goal of the season.
"I`ve worked my socks off to be here today and pay back the club and fans for everything they have done for me," Moura was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Fluminense`s Brazilian rivals Corinthians finished the group phase with a 6-0 victory over Venezuela`s Deportivo Tachira at the Pacaembu stadium in Sao Paulo.
Danilo and Paulinho scored first half goals before Jorge Henrique, Emerson, Liedson and Douglas completed the rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!