Stoppage-time header from gives Fluminense victory
Rio de Janeiro: A stoppage-time header from Rafael Moura earned Fluminense a dramatic 2-1 Copa Libertadores victory over Argentina`s Arsenal in Buenos Aires.
Carlinhos scored the opener for the visitors in the 34th minute before Nicolas Aguirre equalized nine minutes from time.
Fluminense appeared to have wasted its chance to win Wednesday when Thiago Neves`s 90th minute penalty was saved by midfielder Diego Torres, who was in goal after the expulsion of Carlos Campestrini.
But Moura sealed the result two minutes into added time when he connected with Manuel Lanzini`s cross to score only his second goal of the season.
"I`ve worked my socks off to be here today and pay back the club and fans for everything they have done for me," Moura was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Fluminense`s Brazilian rivals Corinthians finished the group phase with a 6-0 victory over Venezuela`s Deportivo Tachira at the Pacaembu stadium in Sao Paulo.
Danilo and Paulinho scored first half goals before Jorge Henrique, Emerson, Liedson and Douglas completed the rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing