Stuttgart win, Frankfurt lose in Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart wrapped up their first win in 2013 on home soil as they overcame Monchengladbach 2-0 while relegation-threatened Augsburg upset Frankfurt 2-0 thanks to the brace by Dong Won Ji to close the 29th round of German Bundesliga.
Despite the 0-2 loss Monchengladbach have the chance to clinch a European spot as they are in touching distance of the top six. Stuttgart however increased their point gap to the relegation playoff spot to nine points.
At the other encounter Sunday, relegation-threatened Augsburg sealed a much-needed 2-0 win over Frankfurt.
Ausburg inched closer to safety whereas Frankfurt suffered a setback in their hunt of a berth in Europe.
Augsburg`s South Korean international Dong Won Ji was the man of the match as he contributed a goal at each half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon