Stuttgart win, Frankfurt lose in Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart wrapped up their first win in 2013 on home soil as they overcame Monchengladbach 2-0 while relegation-threatened Augsburg upset Frankfurt 2-0 thanks to the brace by Dong Won Ji to close the 29th round of German Bundesliga.
Despite the 0-2 loss Monchengladbach have the chance to clinch a European spot as they are in touching distance of the top six. Stuttgart however increased their point gap to the relegation playoff spot to nine points.
At the other encounter Sunday, relegation-threatened Augsburg sealed a much-needed 2-0 win over Frankfurt.
Ausburg inched closer to safety whereas Frankfurt suffered a setback in their hunt of a berth in Europe.
Augsburg`s South Korean international Dong Won Ji was the man of the match as he contributed a goal at each half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list