Stuttgart win, Frankfurt lose in Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart wrapped up their first win in 2013 on home soil as they overcame Monchengladbach 2-0 while relegation-threatened Augsburg upset Frankfurt 2-0 thanks to the brace by Dong Won Ji to close the 29th round of German Bundesliga.
Despite the 0-2 loss Monchengladbach have the chance to clinch a European spot as they are in touching distance of the top six. Stuttgart however increased their point gap to the relegation playoff spot to nine points.
At the other encounter Sunday, relegation-threatened Augsburg sealed a much-needed 2-0 win over Frankfurt.
Ausburg inched closer to safety whereas Frankfurt suffered a setback in their hunt of a berth in Europe.
Augsburg`s South Korean international Dong Won Ji was the man of the match as he contributed a goal at each half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested