Stuttgart win, Frankfurt lose in Bundesliga
Berlin: Stuttgart wrapped up their first win in 2013 on home soil as they overcame Monchengladbach 2-0 while relegation-threatened Augsburg upset Frankfurt 2-0 thanks to the brace by Dong Won Ji to close the 29th round of German Bundesliga.
Despite the 0-2 loss Monchengladbach have the chance to clinch a European spot as they are in touching distance of the top six. Stuttgart however increased their point gap to the relegation playoff spot to nine points.
At the other encounter Sunday, relegation-threatened Augsburg sealed a much-needed 2-0 win over Frankfurt.
Ausburg inched closer to safety whereas Frankfurt suffered a setback in their hunt of a berth in Europe.
Augsburg`s South Korean international Dong Won Ji was the man of the match as he contributed a goal at each half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16