Suarez transfer to cost Arsenal 55 million pounds
London: Premier League Club Arsenal will now have to pay 55 million pounds for Luis Suarez, as the Uruguayan striker rules out approaching the Premier League for arbitration, after knowing that his contract does not leave Liverpool an obligation to sell him at any price.
Gunners` boss Arsene Wenger had indicated he was ready to dig in and wait to see the outcome of a contract dispute between the striker and Liverpool, after submitting a bid of 40 million plus one pounds, which was supposed to trigger a release clause.
The report said that with the 26-year-old under contract for another three years, manager Brendan Rodgers and the Reds` board are determined to keep him unless their valuation, thought to be around the 55 million pounds Paris Saint-Germain paid Napoli for Edinson Cavani, Suarez`s Uruguay strike partner, a fortnight ago, is matched.
A source close to the club`s American owners explained on Tuesday that lawyers have examined Suarez`s contract in detail, and have concluded there is no requirement to sell in the event of a bid topping 40 million pounds, merely a commitment to inform the player of any such approach, the report added.
While Suarez has indicated to Arsenal he is prepared to agitate for a move, he has stopped short of submitting a transfer request, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg