Sunil Chhetri keen to leverage on Westwood`s experience
Bangalore: Indian football skipper Sunil Chhetri, who has signed for newly unveiled Bengaluru Football Club (BFC), is betting on the club`s English manager Ashley Westwood`s leadership qualities for making an impact in the I-league season.
"BFC is not a fancied team but we could make an impact if we put to good use the tips given by Ashley (Westwood). Anything is possible. We are ready to put up a fight," Chhetri told reporters here.
"Ashley was a player himself and has a huge sense of football and wants to work really hard," he added.
Chhetri, the Delhi-born striker, also appears to count on the striking similarities between BFC and European clubs, where diet and fitness are given paramount importance.
"Have you heard of heart-rate monitors in India? This is all normal European stuff," he said.
Chhetri said he has never heard of anything of players paying fines for coming late for the training.
"Every player reports an hour-and-a-half early and have breakfast together," he said.
The 28-year-old said pressure has never taken lead over his performance as he revelled in such circumstances.
"I shut myself off because no matter if I am under pressure I am just going to perform the way I would," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000