Sven Goran Eriksson planning move to China club under 18-month deal
London: Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson has left his responsibilities as director of United Arab Emirates side Al Nasr the Swede and is travelling to China for coaching the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R and F on a 18-month contract.
Eriksson`s latest Chinese contract will be worth 2 million pounds annually.
The Guangzhou R and F contract will see Eriksson competing with former Italian football manager Marcello Lippi in the southern city`s Derby matches as the World cup winner is the manager of reigning league champions Guangzhou Evergrande, the report added.
Eriksson had guided England to two World Cups and a European Championship, but could not progress after the quarter-finals in any of the three tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir