Sven Goran Eriksson planning move to China club under 18-month deal
London: Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson has left his responsibilities as director of United Arab Emirates side Al Nasr the Swede and is travelling to China for coaching the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R and F on a 18-month contract.
Eriksson`s latest Chinese contract will be worth 2 million pounds annually.
The Guangzhou R and F contract will see Eriksson competing with former Italian football manager Marcello Lippi in the southern city`s Derby matches as the World cup winner is the manager of reigning league champions Guangzhou Evergrande, the report added.
Eriksson had guided England to two World Cups and a European Championship, but could not progress after the quarter-finals in any of the three tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands