Sven Goran Eriksson planning move to China club under 18-month deal
London: Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson has left his responsibilities as director of United Arab Emirates side Al Nasr the Swede and is travelling to China for coaching the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R and F on a 18-month contract.
Eriksson`s latest Chinese contract will be worth 2 million pounds annually.
The Guangzhou R and F contract will see Eriksson competing with former Italian football manager Marcello Lippi in the southern city`s Derby matches as the World cup winner is the manager of reigning league champions Guangzhou Evergrande, the report added.
Eriksson had guided England to two World Cups and a European Championship, but could not progress after the quarter-finals in any of the three tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra