Sven Goran Eriksson planning move to China club under 18-month deal
London: Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson has left his responsibilities as director of United Arab Emirates side Al Nasr the Swede and is travelling to China for coaching the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R and F on a 18-month contract.
Eriksson`s latest Chinese contract will be worth 2 million pounds annually.
The Guangzhou R and F contract will see Eriksson competing with former Italian football manager Marcello Lippi in the southern city`s Derby matches as the World cup winner is the manager of reigning league champions Guangzhou Evergrande, the report added.
Eriksson had guided England to two World Cups and a European Championship, but could not progress after the quarter-finals in any of the three tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM