Sven Goran Eriksson planning move to China club under 18-month deal
London: Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson has left his responsibilities as director of United Arab Emirates side Al Nasr the Swede and is travelling to China for coaching the Chinese Super League club Guangzhou R and F on a 18-month contract.
Eriksson`s latest Chinese contract will be worth 2 million pounds annually.
The Guangzhou R and F contract will see Eriksson competing with former Italian football manager Marcello Lippi in the southern city`s Derby matches as the World cup winner is the manager of reigning league champions Guangzhou Evergrande, the report added.
Eriksson had guided England to two World Cups and a European Championship, but could not progress after the quarter-finals in any of the three tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie