Terry gives losing Chelsea mates a rap on the knuckles
London: England and Cheslea skipper John Terry has given his Blues team mates a firm rap on the knuckles after their defeat at the hands of Wigan on Saturday.
"The least we expect from every player is that we work hard and fight - and we did not do that. We didn`t win our headers and we didn`t win our tackles - and that`s simply not good enough," Terry said.
"You can go anywhere and not play well. But when you come to places like this, you`ve got to match their work-rate. We didn`t do that, the whole team. That`s the most disappointing thing," he added.
Title rivals Manchester United knocked the Blues off the top spot after surrendering their 100 per cent start.
"All the other big sides had emphatic wins, so it`s even more disappointing we`ve thrown away three points," Terry said.
Saturday`s 3-1 defeat piles on the pressure for Sunday`s Premier League showdown at home to Liverpool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note