The second coming: Mourinho`s return will help Chelsea redeem their lost identity
11 years of Roman Abramovich reign, 9 managers. Names like Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti have all tried their luck at making Chelsea a force again. Although the latter brought some honours to the Blues during his 2 year period at the club, he was sacked brutally at the end of 2011 for a failure to win trophies. Bottom line is that none of these managers have ever come close to replicating the aura, the zeal left behind by Jose Mourinho.
For many Chelsea fans over the years Mourinho has been nothing less than `God`. Such has been the impact of the Portuguese manager during his three year tenure that not only the fans but the club as well has not been able to get over the success, the squad and most importantly his presence in the dugout. A team briefing that always ended with "we cannot lose", Mourinho instilled a winning mentality in the Chelsea squad.
Taking over a squad left behind by Claudio Ranieri, Mourinho turned the Blues into one of the powerhouses of European football. Although his methods were criticized, blamed for `boring football` and often criticized for his bluntness, Mourinho`s Chelsea was without doubt one of the finest club teams.
On taking over from Claudio Ranieri back in 2004, Mourinho was quick to point out the shortcomings of his predecessor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey