There`s no tension with David Villa: Messi
Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi has made it clear that he does not have any problems with team-mate David Villa.
The two had a heated discussion on the pitch during the Catalans` win over Granada earlier this season, and a number of recent reports suggested that the duo`s relationship has gone sour since the incident.
However, Messi has stressed that their argument ended there and then on the pitch.
"It led to a bit of controversy when what happened took place. That obviously all stayed on the pitch, though" Messi was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
"We get along just fine, just like everybody else in the dressing room.
"David is a great guy who doesn`t fight with anyone. It is very difficult to fight with someone with his character.
"We talked about what happened, but we absolutely don`t have a problem with each other."
Barcelona are currently preparing for Saturday`s Liga match at home against Celta Vigo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'