Tite denies reports of Inter Milan offer
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 13:12
  
Tite denies reports of Inter Milan offer
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians head coach Tite has denied receiving an offer to join Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan.

His comments came after local media reported the Nerazzurri had identified the 51-year-old as a replacement for under-pressure coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

"I can`t talk in hypothetical terms, only in facts," Tite said when asked about the rumors on Wednesday.

"No Inter official has been in contact with me or my agent. I am at one of the biggest clubs in Brazil and we have some very important matches coming up."

Tite has been Corinthians` coach since 2010 and led the Sao Paulo club to the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year.

Earlier on Wednesday, Corinthians` football director Roberto de Andrade said, the club intended to extend Tite`s contract until 2014.

"Corinthians are bigger than Inter Milan," he said.

"Tite won`t leave before December and we want to start negotiations to renew his contract as soon as possible."

IANS

First Published: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 13:12


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News