Tite denies reports of Inter Milan offer
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians head coach Tite has denied receiving an offer to join Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan.
His comments came after local media reported the Nerazzurri had identified the 51-year-old as a replacement for under-pressure coach Andrea Stramaccioni.
"I can`t talk in hypothetical terms, only in facts," Tite said when asked about the rumors on Wednesday.
"No Inter official has been in contact with me or my agent. I am at one of the biggest clubs in Brazil and we have some very important matches coming up."
Tite has been Corinthians` coach since 2010 and led the Sao Paulo club to the Copa Libertadores-FIFA Club World Cup double last year.
Earlier on Wednesday, Corinthians` football director Roberto de Andrade said, the club intended to extend Tite`s contract until 2014.
"Corinthians are bigger than Inter Milan," he said.
"Tite won`t leave before December and we want to start negotiations to renew his contract as soon as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!